Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lil Angel








Hey all! Yesterday, we went for another walk on the most beautiful trails ever...again :-) Tanner typically pushes his Wal-mart shopping cart (and yes, the cart actually says wal-mart on it). Today however, he decided to take the umbrella stroller and fill it with leaves instead. He is so cute pushing things because he walks ahead of Kendel and I and stops about every 5 steps to make sure we are still coming. A lot of the time he has to come and check on "bb" to make sure she is ok. Well, today he decided to stop along the trail and go down the little hill to play in the dirt and leaves. It was hard for me to allow him to get dirty, but I knew it was a good time to just let him "be a boy." He had a blast and got dirtae....

Kendel typically falls asleep on our walks, but when she is awake it is so cute because she just looks around and checks everything out. I love to see her little eyes peaking out from the blanky and she just looks so snuggly in there. Kendel turned 5 weeks old on Monday so I believe it is time for some real smiles to come our away. I kept rubbing her chin and talking to her and 2 different times I got some really big long smiles. They say a lot of their smiles are gas. Well, she is a gassy girl, but I still think her smiles are real. She looks so angelic when she smiles in her sleep. She must be dreaming about her mommy. Boy is her hair getting thick and bushy. I thought babies were supposed to loose their hair at this stage. Not my babies. I just cannot wait till it gets longer because it is just out of control. But, I love it and its a great conversation starter as nobody can believe "all that hair!" :-) Oh, and the picture of her in the swing is because she fell asleep.

1 comment:

collinsfamily3 said...

Kendell has so much hair she could donate some for a baby wig. just kidding! Glad to see you are doing well! And I can't believe you've never met Maggie. Does that mean I haven't met Tanner? Remember we came to see you in the hospital when Tanner was born? Yeah, I know it's hard to remember things at the hospital. :) I was pretty drugged up this last time. My mom just told me about a lady she works with who had to have an emergency c-section- and they didn't have time to give her anesthesia! and on top of that they left a sponge inside of her and had to do a second surgery- this time with anesthesia. Yikes!