Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lots of it!

































































September has been quite the busy month for us...in a good way though. First, Tanner, Mommy, Daddy and some other families went camping together while Kendel was spoiled at Nana and PawPaw's house. We got to sleep in a tent, see buffalo, and enjoy an awesome campfire. All the kids pretty much stayed together allowing for the adults to have fun times together as well.
Five days after camping was Kendels birthday. On that day, we took some munchkins from dunkin donuts to daycare as we also got her favorite food, spaghetti, for dinner. She got a babblin' boo doll (monsters inc). Then, she got tons of great stuff from her Granma, ThaTha, Nana, PawPaw, Uncle B-bo, aunt becky, cween, kia, uncle mike, aunt cathy, uncle dan, paige sarah, aunt amy, and uncle craig! Pfeeewwww, this girl is loved! Bobo got her a little paint kit, where she got to paint tinkerbell. He got a Cars one for himself. Mommy got her a new baby doll in which she threw across the room as soon as she saw it. THEN, if you take note of the picture, the baby eventually ended up underneath Tanner's recliner with just a little hand sticking out....she loves babies, but must have known i was trying to get her prepared for a new REAL baby with this gift :-)
We still have not confirmed a name for the baby...daddy is so difficult :-). But, we are not 2.5 months away from having a new littler miracle added to our family. CANNOT WAIT!!! :-) However, this next 2.5 months will be great for me to assist the kids in becoming more independent. We have been working on this for about a week now and it is going really well. They are both walking up and down the stairs themselves abou. In other words, I am only carrying them 50 percent of the time rather than 98 percent :-) Tanner is completely out of diapers as he poops on potty and is having a lot less accidents at bedtime.
I am not for sure if I mentioned this in previous posts, but Tanner has his own 4 wheeler. It is soooo awesome. However, as he gets better at it, mommy gets more scared. We have been wanting to get on for him and pawpaw bought one to resell (yeah right) and we ended up purchasing for him. Tanners favorite color had been reen for several months and this 4 wheeler is orange. So, pawpaw rode it out into the driveway and Tanner was just in aww.....He said, "Is that my new free wheeler? PawPaw, my favorite color is orange!"
I would like to share a few memories that the kids have "created" in recent weeks. Tanner is turning into quite the little business man as he uses great critical thinking skills :-).
He made a mess in Kendel's room and Joe told him he needed to clean up the mess and then come downstairs to eat. Tanner said, "But, I can't do it by myself" Joe offered to help in which Tanner responded, "I have an idea, "why don't I go downstairs and eat while you and Kendel clean up the mess."
The next day, he got in trouble for hitting a kid two times at daycare. When I asked him what happened, he said "But, mommy I only hit him twice, not lots of times. We went outside and I didn't hit him again." Joe asked him what his consequences should be. Tanner thought for about 3 seconds and said "umm. I think maybe we shouldn't talk about this right now."
Another great memory was developed when Tanner wanted me to go upstairs to get his blanky. I told him I would not go upstairs to get anything cause he was a big boy. He said "Kendel, will you go get my blanky. It's on my bed. You just go up the stairs, walk up to my bed and say "mommy, i need help. I cant reach the bed." what a smart man!!! Needless to say, i made him get it himself :)
Kendel has shown he sense of humor since before she was a year old. As she learns to talk, she continues to develop this sense of humor and quick wit on a daily basis. Today, i was about to take Princess Boo upstairs for her nap. I told her to tell daddy and bob night night. She said "good bye mommy!" stinkpot! :-)
I cherish my family more than anything in this world and continue to pray for long, joyful, healthy, and God-honoring lives for us all. We are Blessed!

No comments: