Wednesday, July 22, 2009






















Hello All~
Wow, I don't think I have ever gone so long without updating our blog. I am so sorry....we have very busy lives these days.  Once the kids go to bed, I try to run a few nights a week and then go straight to bed. I have one more month of fieldwork and then I should start getting paid!!!!
Anyway, the kids are doing great. They are just amazing! I could not be more thankful for this family God has blessed us with. I thank Him daily!  One thing Joe and I are currently focusing on is making every night family night. I don't ever want to have any regrets with the family and with the kids growing up so fast, I have learned the importance of creating loving memories with our family. One thing I continue to struggle with is keeping my focus on the here and now rather than the past and future. I often catch myself thinking about how the day went, what i need to do around the house, how i need to force myself to run this night, etc. Therefore, I am working on cherishing the moment. I cherish my family, but I need to truly put my focus on those whom I cherish. 
Anyway, I know you are all anxious to hear about the kiddos. Tanner is talking like crazy. He is very smart. If things are not going his way because of somebody else, he tries to rid of them. For example, I was talking to my mom (tanners nanny) and tanner decided that he wanted her attn so he said, "i want mommy to go take a nap." I want mommy to go home"  Or, if Kendel is bugging tanner, he says, "I want Kendel to go eat." He's just so adorable.  He is also learning WHEN he needs to go potty, rather than us constantly initiating it. If I run when he is awake, he says, "Mommy, you come back? YOu come from running to play with me?" Then he says, "I love you mommy." He also yells at me if i am stopped at a red light "go, mommy, go"  He is so sweet about everything
Kendel is still army crawling, BUT she has actually taken a few crawling steps, so that is exciting. She growls like a monster on a regular basis and loves her brother like no other!!! Food comes in a close second to her brother. She will eat and eat, therefore I cut her off at pretty much every meal.  She is definitely the wild child and I love every bit of it....well, every bit except when I am trying to snuggle her and she is constantly moving and fighting to get out of my arms.
The pics of Tanner "holding" Kendel are so funny. He insisted on holding her, but she is just to active to allow such a thing. Dont worry, no kids were hurt in the act. Kendel is a toughy...the pics look more painful than they were!
As for the pics with tanner and his blue mouth. Its kind of funny because we were at Joe's Mom's company picnic and Joe's mom took Tanner to go play on the rides. On our way to go check on Tanner, I said to Joe "watch, we are going to find your mom and tanner sitting down with tanner and his mouth will be all blue from   a blue snow cone. As soon as we walked up, that is the EXACT image we saw. On top of it all, he was eating yellow popcorn! LOL, it was funny@
 Okie doke, Its bed time! Congrats to my cousin in Alaska who had twin boys....One is 5lbs 14oz and red curly hair and the other is 7 lbs 15 oz with brown straight hair!!!!! I have never heard of such opposite twins. I am anxious to see what personalities they have!

No comments: