Friday, March 21, 2008

New Families


Joe and I have talked numerous times about new homes for the dogs as they used to be the center of out lives. They used to be our children. Obviously Tanner is where our attention is focused on. Therefore, the dogs were just not getting enough loving. We had decided that the dogs needed to go together in order to be happy....until this on special family showed interest in Cosmo. They have two boys ages 3 and 5, a lake cottage, pool and unlimited love to offer him. Cosmo is a huuuuge swimming fan and needs all the love he can get as he is a very very special boy. So, Wednesday was the big day. I cried as soon as i got into the car. His new family lives in Indy and could not believe how blessed they were and will continue to be with Cosmo. In fact, Cosmos new daddy is going to order a doggy ramp for the pool :-) We keep in contact daily via email and Cosmo is adapting great!
Chester is still a puppy so we werent as worried, especially with him being so laid back. He is such a sweety and we were lucky to find a great home for him as well--after many families wanted him. This family has a bischon fris as well as a two year old boy. He is doing great as well! I miss these boys, but they will have such better lives than what we were offering them

2 comments:

collinsfamily3 said...

Aww. So sad. At least you can be content to know you did the right thing for your family AND for the dogs. And they are very loved. I know you are so sad...you are a good mom.

Jennifer, Eric, Isaiah, and Noah Heuer said...

I know how hard that must be, Stace! Hang in there...you've done what is best for all of you!